Employees have the option to enroll for coverage in one of four plans, Dental Select, Dental Select Mid, Dental Select Plus or HMO Dental with CIGNA Dental. Due to availability, your best option may depend on where you live or work and you should check the availability of network dentists for each plan carefully.
Detailed plan information and a comparison chart can be found in the GaBreeze link on the Team Georgia website. Pricing per plan and coverage tier varies and is accessible on theor at the
Coverage tiers available are:
- Employee Only
- Employee + Child(ren)
- Employee + Spouse
- Employee + Family
Enrollment/Changes due to qualifying life events during Plan Year are made within 31 days of event at GaBreeze.
Current Employees not experiencing a qualifying life changing event must enroll online at GaBreeze during the annual enrollment period only for benefits beginning the following Plan Year.
Due to availability, your best option may depend on where you live, or work and you should check the availability of network dentists with Cigna Dental carefully.
Detailed information on Cigna Dental benefits through the State of Georgia plan can be found in the Team Georgia website.or on
Important Information for Select, Select Mid and Select Plus Plan Options:
There are no waiting periods. All covered services are available on your first day of coverage.
The Select Mid & Select Plus plan options provide:
- Orthodontia services, for employees & their enrolled eligible dependents, with a lifetime maximum, depending on the plan selected. (no annual deductible applies).
- Implants are covered, after the annual deductibles are met and limited to 1 per 60 Consecutive Months (annual maximum applies).
Dental PPO: Select, Select Mid and Select Plus Options with Cigna Dental
- You may go to any dentist.
- If you visit a Cigna Dental PPO network dentist, they accept reduced fees for covered services they provide you, so you’ll usually pay the least when you visit a PPO network dentist. This also ensures Cigna Dental PPO dentists won’t balance bill you the difference between the contracted amount and their usual fee.
- If you visit a non-Cigna Dental dentist, they can bill you the difference between the amount of benefits payable by Cigna Dental and the dentist charge for that service.
Dental HMO (DHMO) Plan: CIGNA Dental Care® (DHMO)
- No deductibles
- No annual dollar maximums
- No claim forms to file
- No ID cards required to receive care No age limit on sealants
- No referrals required to visit a network orthodontist or for children under 7 to visit a network pediatric dentist With the CIGNA DHMO, you’ll know exactly what you pay “copays” for covered services – even for specialty care with a referral approved for payment. Just choose a general dentist from the CIGNA DHMO network at enrollment and visit that dentist for all your dental care needs. Most Preventive services such as exams, x-rays and cleanings, are covered by a $0 or low copay (frequency limits may apply). Dental treatments such as fillings, crowns and root canals are covered reduced, fixed copays for covered services.
The CIGNA DHMO is only available to employees who live or work in the metropolitan Atlanta and select cities. Keep in mind, there is no out-of-network coverage with a DHMO plan; but finding a network dentist near you is easy when you use the “Provider Directory” at www.cigna.com . Your covered family members can each choose their own general dentists participating in the CIGNA network. After you enroll, you can change your general dentist anytime - online or by phone.