Peach State Reserves (401K or 457)
Peach State Reserves (PSR) is a voluntary retirement benefit plan that offers you the opportunity to invest money towards securing the retirement that you envision. Whether you’ve been saving for years or are just getting started, PSR has the tools to help you make your retirement dreams happen. More detailed information is available in the Plan Highlights brochure.
The Benefits of Saving through PSR
- It’s easy – Contributions are made through easy payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- You get tax benefits – Contributions come out of your pay before taxes are deducted, which can lower your taxable income and therefore your current tax bill. And your money can grow faster, since any earnings on your contributions grow tax deferred until withdrawn.
- Once employed, it’s convenient to visit the GaBreeze website at any time to:
- Monitor your account balance
- Obtain your personalized retirement income forecast
- Access investment advice
- Manage your investments and transfer money among funds
- Change your contribution amounts
- Choose Automatic Rebalancing to help keep your investments on track
- Review fund performance
- Download forms via a secured participant mailbox
- Update beneficiary information
- View account statements
Are You Maximizing Your Retirement Savings?
The Peach State Reserves 401(k) Plan provides State matching up to 5% with member contributing 5%.
Your state employer will match your contribution dollar per dollar, up to 5% of pay. Members saving 5% or more receive a full 5% match. This is a 2% increase from the previous 3% match.
- GSEPS members with at least six years of service, and who are contributing at least 5%, will get an additional half percent Employer match for every full year of service in excess of five years, up to a maximum match of 9%.
- The employer match portion of the member’s 401(k) balance is subject to a 5-year vesting schedule. A member vests 20% of the employer match for each completed year of service in a GSEPS-eligible position.