GA Work Ready Assessment Procedures
Applicants applying for Trooper, Motor Carrier Compliance Officer, Police Corporal or GSP Dispatcher must have completed the GA Work Ready Assessment prior to submitting applications. A copy of your individual assessment score reports reflecting scores of 4 or higher in each of the three areas (Reading for Information, Locating Information and Applied Mathematics) must be included with the completed State of Georgia Application for Employment. Required assessment score levels may vary per position. Refer to the individual job posting for specific assessment score requirements.
Please refer to the information below for instructions on completing the assessment.
Visit the Georgia Work Ready website http://www.gaworkready.org.
- Click "Job Seekers" for detailed information regarding the program and assessment.
- Click the link at the right and your county of choice to locate technical colleges in your area offering the free assessment.
- Click the technical college most convenient for information regarding testing days, times and location address.
- Call or email technical college contact for information and/or to register for the assessment. You MUST pre-register before taking the assessment.
- Arrive 15 minutes ahead of schedule to complete the registration process.
- Present a photo I.D. upon arrival at the assessment site.
The assessment is conducted utilizing a computer. Participants should be familiar with and comfortable working on a computer. The assessment contains three (3) sections: Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information and Locating Information. Each section contains up to 38 questions, to be completed in 45-50 minutes. Other aides (i.e. notepad, pencil) should be provided to assist you. However, as a precaution, you want to consider having your own calculator as a back-up. Please note: Cell phones or other electronic devices are not allowed in the testing room.
Immediately upon completion of all sections, you will be provided a print-out of your assessment scores. You will also receive an official certificate by mail in approximately 2-3 weeks.
After completing the required three sections of the assessment, you will also be asked to complete an online Talent Management assessment. This section will assist you (and future employers) with placement in positions best suited for your personality and strengths.
Ways to Improve Your Score
The key to scoring higher on your assessments is planning and organization. The following steps will help you prepare for taking the tests and are available either without charge or for a nominal fee.
- Step 1: Sample test questions at this link: http://www.act.org/workkeys/assess/foundational.html
- Step 2: Analyze characteristics and sample items from the assessment tests. Online practice tests may be purchased at a cost of $4.50/each at this link: WorkKeys Practice Tests Prep Package
- Step 3: View free online assessment tutorials (Keytrain/WIN) through the technical college serving your area. Contact the GA Work Ready facilitator at the technical college for information.
- Step 4: Take a preparation course at the technical college serving your area. Preparation support courses are offered at minimal fees. Contact the GA Work Ready facilitator at the technical college for dates and times.
Should you desire to re-take the assessment to achieve a higher level, you may do so after 30 days. However, you may be required to show proof of completed remedial training prior to approval for re-testing. Contact the facilitator for information regarding training courses and schedules to assist in developing needed skills.