Job Vacancy Announcement-Accountant 1/Accounts Receivable
Job Vacancy Announcement: Accounts Receivable, Accountant 1
Location: Department of Public Safety Headquarters – Atlanta, GA
Pay Grade: H
Job Code: FIP020
Salary Range: $44,000.00
We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Accounts Receivable, Accountant 1 in the CFO’s Office.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, drivers, and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correctly applies accounting principles according to GAPP, Governmental Accounting Standards, applicable state and federal guidelines of fiscal policies and procedures
- Prepares and processes bank deposits, credit card transactions and accounts receivable invoicing
- Enter transactions from the lockbox
- Enters financial transactions into State of Georgia TeamWorks revenue accounting system and reconciles entry daily
- Reconcile monthly bank reconciliations
- Promptly advises supervisor of any balancing problems with deposit such as incorrect amounts
- Establish the Distribution Codes for the Account Receivable module
- Enter General Ledger Journal Vouchers
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university OR Bachelor’s degree in a business curriculum which included completion of introductory and intermediate accounting sequence. Note: Some positions may require certification.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
1. Experience working in a State of Georgia agency.
2. One year of experience using PeopleSoft Financials, specifically Accounts Receivable.
Application deadline: Thursday June 30, 2022
Instructions to apply for this position:
Accept the Privacy Agreement
- Log-in to the system
First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
- Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email [email protected].
This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee. Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.