Job Vacancy Announcement- Accounting Manager 2/Comptroller's Office
Job Vacancy Announcement:
Accounting Manager 2 – Comptroller’s office
Location: Headquarters- Atlanta (Fulton County)
Pay Grade – N
Job Code – FIM011
Salary Range: $52,331.12- $91,579.45
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD).
DPS is seeking qualified applicants to fill the Accounting Manager 2 position to oversee the Accounts Payable and Payroll Units of DPS and its administratively attached agencies. This position reports to the Director of Accounting.
This position is perfect for candidates who seek a challenging opportunity without sacrificing work/life balance, and includes an excellent benefits package and the potential for a flexible work schedule.
- Analyzes financial statistics and other accounting data.
- Develops and directs a comprehensive accounting program which integrates Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards, Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards (GAGAS), statutory accounting requirements, and departmental fiscal policies and procedures.
- Directs operational analyses of accounting systems, subsystems and/or procedures.
- Interviews, hires, directs, trains, evaluates the performance of, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges accounting/financial employees.
- Manages human resources and directs administrative activities for accounting/financial employees.
- Provides professional guidance and assistance in the solution of complex accounting and financial problems.
- Represents the financial interests of the State in accounting-related interactions/negotiations with other parties, such as banks, vendors and external auditors.
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple projects to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to effectively interact and provide support and guidance to agency leaders.
- High integrity and honesty.
- Strong commitment to providing superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Positive attitude and high levels of personal commitment.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, driver’s and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance or a closely related field from an accredited college or university AND Four years of professional level experience in accounting and/or a closely related fiscal activity, Two years of which in a supervisory, administrative or lead worker role OR One year of experience required at the lower level Mgr, Accounting/Financial Svcs (FIM010) or position equivalent. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
- Five years of experience processing payroll and/or accounts payable
- Five years of experience using Teamworks Financials
- Five years of experience at a State of Georgia agency
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Two years of experience with fiscal year end close
Instructions to apply for this position:
1. Accept the Privacy Agreement
2. Log-in to the system
First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
3. Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
4. If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email [email protected].
Application deadline: Monday, November 29, 2021
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.