Job Vacancy Announcement- Admin Assistant 2/Post Secretary-Post 49-Motor Unit
Job Vacancy Announcement: Admin Assistant 2/Post Secretary
Work Location: Post 49- Motor Unit- Fulton County- (Atlanta_
Pay Grade G
Job Code- GST051
Salary - 24,772.00
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Admin Assistant 2 at Post 49/Motor Unit of the Georgia State Patrol.
This position is perfect for candidates who seek a challenging opportunity to serve the citizens of Georgia while providing critical administrative support to Troopers and other department personnel. Under the supervision of the Post Commander, the Admin Asst 2 performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities to help ensure that the Patrol Post is running smoothly and efficiently.
A typical workday includes, but is not limited to:
1. Providing administrative support to the department. Preparing a variety of correspondence, reports and forms. Establishing and maintaining post’s filing system. Composing correspondence.
2. Scheduling appointments and maintaining calendar of activities, meetings and various events for the Post Commander, Headquarters Field Command and other sworn personnel.
3. Performing receptionist role for the Patrol Post to include answering and transferring incoming calls appropriately and/or taking messages, greeting visitors and directing to proper locations, providing general information to the public regarding department activities of a public nature and referring difficult and unusual problems to the appropriate official.
4. Monitoring the use of supplies and placing orders for replenishment utilizing a P-Card procurement system.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, driver’s and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR Three years of related experience.
1. Knowledge and experience in the use of the Internet; E-mail; Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
2. Successful experience providing administrative support for a unit that included dealing with issues, situations and documents of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
3. Experience in an office setting with excellent customer service skills.
4. Experience composing and formatting correspondence and other documents.
5. Experience copying DVDs
6. Purchasing Experience, specifically E-procurement and purchasing card reconciliation.
Application deadline: Monday, September 27, 2021
Instructions to apply for this position:
2. Accept the Privacy Agreement
3. Log-in to the system
First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
4. Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
5. If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email [email protected].
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.