Job Vacancy Announcement: Administrative Assistant 3
Location: Forsyth- MCCD Training Division (Monroe County)
Pay Grade – H Job Code: GST052
Salary minimum: $41,320.00
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Administrative Assistant 3 in the MCCD Training Division.
This position is perfect for candidates who seek a challenging opportunity to serve the citizens of Georgia while providing critical administrative support to officers and other department personnel. Under the supervision of the Division Director, the Administrative Assistant 3 performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities to help ensure that the unit is running smoothly and efficiently.
The MCCD Training Division is responsible for facilitating basic and advanced training for the Motor Carrier Compliance Division. The Training Division maintains training records for all members as well as reporting training to The Peace Officer Standards and Training Council. Upon request, with the approval of the Commissioner, the DPS Training Division also provides basic and advanced training to local agencies.
A typical workday includes, but is not limited to:
- Places orders for the necessary supplies for the Training Division, to include Trooper Schools, utilizing the state of Georgia E-Procurement system. These orders are sometimes of a complex nature and involve significant funds.
- Compile, reconcile, and verify P-card statements.
- Secures all facilities needed at GPSTC to accomplish the mission of the MCCD Training Division, to include MCO School classrooms and dorms, MCCD PT assessments, and any GPSTC facilities used for training or meetings by MCCD members.
- Assists the Training Staff during special moments of MCO Schools, such as opening day, opening ceremony and graduation.
- Collaborates with other resident agencies (GBI,DNR, etc.) and maintains positive relationships with those agencies.
- Enter rosters in the POST portal.
- Be able to work within the Federal system to ensure compliance with the MCSAP program for the MCCD training division. Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP)
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, drivers, and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR Four years of related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of the Internet; E-mail; Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- 3-5 years of experience providing administrative support for a unit that included dealing with issues, situations, and documents of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Experience composing and formatting correspondence and other documents.
Application deadline: Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Instructions to apply for this position:
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability, or genetic information.