Job Vacancy Announcement-Administrative Assistant 3/ Region 10/Safety Audit
Job Vacancy Announcement: Administrative Assistant 3
Location: Region 10/Safety Audit (Statewide)
Pay Grade – H Job Code: GST052
Salary minimum: $27,249.00
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Administrative Assistant 3 in the Region 10/Safety Audit Unit.
This position is perfect for candidates who seek a challenging opportunity to serve the citizens of Georgia while providing critical administrative support to officers and other department personnel. Under the supervision of the Region Commander, the Administrative Assistant 3 performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities to help ensure that the Region is running smoothly and efficiently.
A typical workday includes, but is not limited to:
- Analyzing problems, questions, issues, and develops/reports recommendations for resolving them.
- Conducting research to compile information needed to generate reports, complete projects and accurately respond to questions and concerns.
- Organizing and coordinating daily activities and efficient function of the office or agency. Assisting the manager in organizing and executing routine activities and special projects.
- Planning and coordinating meetings, conferences, seminars, and travel calendars.
- Providing program, administrative, and/or technical assistance to customers and staff. Researching and/or resolving program or client issues or questions. May represent the manager in various matters.
- Interacting with all levels of state government in a way that promotes respect, encourages cooperation and contributes to excellent performance.
- Maintaining a calendar of events and meetings.
- Filing and maintaining confidential information.
- Opening, reading and distributing mail and proofreading all memos/correspondence that leave the office.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, driver’s and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate's degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR Four years of related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of the Internet; E-mail; Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- 3-5 years of experience providing administrative support for a unit that included dealing with issues, situations and documents of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Experience composing and formatting correspondence and other documents.
Application deadline: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Instructions to apply for this position:
Accept the Privacy Agreement
- Log-in to the system
First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
- Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email [email protected].
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.