Job Vacancy Announcement- Business Support Analyst 1 - Fleet Services
Job Code: GSP130
Pay Grade: J
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police Division (CPD), and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Business Support Analyst 1 in Fleet Services.
This position is perfect for candidates who seek a challenging opportunity to serve the citizens of Georgia while providing critical support to the sworn officers within the department. This position will provide a challenging opportunity without compromising work/life balance, and includes an excellent benefits package.
- Performs complex administrative duties, including operational data analysis and reporting in support of management decision making in Fleet Services.
- Manages and tracks DPS all DPS vehicles in our fleet management system. Ensures the accuracy of the fleet data throughout the vehicle’s life cycle.
- Creates and tracks hundreds of requisitions each year and coordinates closely with the DPS Finance Division to ensure hundreds of purchase orders are correctly issued.
- Identifies trends, discrepancies, and variances to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of fleet operations.
- Coordinates closely with vendors to manage the completion of orders and ensure quality service is received.
- Gathers and analyzes and submits all data for annual vehicle tag renewals.
- Coordinates the issuance of Peach Pass transponders for all vehicles.
- Work closely with other Support Services staff to address fleet related issues.
- Purchase supplies, equipment, or services necessary for the operation of an agency, division, or office. Creates requisitions for equipment, repairs for the facilities division. Obtains appropriate documentation to support the purchase order. Checks to make sure the correct accounting code based on the item purchased and the location.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, driver’s and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience related to area of assignment. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in handling time sensitive documents.
- Experience in the use of Department of Revenue forms and procedures for titling and tagging vehicles.
- Experience in multi-document record keeping & filing.
- Possess a high level of organizational & communication skills.
- Experience working with multiple departments/units to accomplish a specific task.
Application deadline: Tuesday, December 5, 2023
This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee. Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Instructions to apply for this position:
Accept the Privacy Agreement
- Log-in to the system
First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
- Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email [email protected].