Job Vacancy Announcement- Business Support Analyst 1 – Legal Services Division
Job Code: GSP130
Pay Grade: J
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police Division (CPD), and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Business Support Analyst 1 in the Legal Services Division.
The Legal Division provides assistance to the DPS Commissioner and Department employees concerning matters associated with the daily operations of the Department and serves as the primary liaison with the Office of the Attorney General. This position reports primarily to the ALS attorney and secondarily to the Deputy Legal Director.
This position is perfect for candidates who seek a challenging opportunity to work on a wide variety of issues that impact public safety, including regularly serving as the agency representative in administrative hearings. This position will provide a challenging opportunity without compromising work/life balance, and includes an excellent benefits package.
- Performs complex administrative duties, including operational data analysis and reporting in support of management decision making in the Legal Division.
- Identifies trends, discrepancies, and variances to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Legal Division processes and operations.
- Works closely with Attorneys and other Support Services staff to address legal and operational questions.
- Specific to the ALS Program (80%)
- Creating streamlined business practices for the ALS program, including the maintenance and coordination of administrative license suspension (ALS) files, witnesses, subpoenas, and motions in support of the Department’s prosecution of a high volume of statewide license suspensions arising from DUI violations.
- Attending local ALS hearings with coordination of paperwork/witnesses.
- Good communication skills and abilities to organize and coordinate for responsiveness of Troopers and Secretaries for preparation of subpoenas, motions, calendars, and witness testimony.
- Creating, maintaining, and updating ALS files for ALS hearings (e.g., labeling, providing corresponding reports, list of cases scheduled for each troop, and notice to each Post secretary for the respective testifying Trooper, and preparing ALS agreements).
- Support of the ALS attorney and ALS operations, including mail, phone calls, filing, copying, scanning documents, and supplies.
- Specific to the Legal Division (20%)
- Creating streamlined business practices, maintaining, and coordinating over-size and over-weight citation files, calendars, and witnesses in the appeal of such Motor Carrier Compliance Division citations.
- Creating streamlined business practices and coordination of Department-wide contracts.
- Providing third tier backup support for the Legal Division, including mail, phone calls, filing, copying, scanning documents, and supplies.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, driver’s and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience related to area of assignment. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in handling time sensitive documents.
- Experience in multi-document record keeping & filing.
- Possess a high level of organizational & communication skills.
- Experience working with multiple departments/units to accomplish a specific task.
Application deadline: Monday, December 11, 2023
This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee. Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Instructions to apply for this position: