Job Vacancy Announcement- Emergency Vehicle Technician 1- Fleet Services
Job Vacancy Announcement
Position Title: Emergency Vehicle Technician 1– Fleet Services
Location: Headquarters- Atlanta
Pay grade: H – Job Code: ITP070
Salary Minimum: $40,000.00
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD).
We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Emergency Vehicle Technician 1/Fleet Services in the Administrative Services Division.
DPS operates a full service, fleet installation facility at its headquarters location in Atlanta. The Fleet Services Division is responsible for all vehicular related services. This includes emergency vehicle upfitting and equipment repairs for all Department of Public Safety vehicles. In addition, Fleet Services also performs vehicle surplus, vehicle preventative maintenance, and operates a wrecker / vehicle transport service.
This position is perfect for candidates who seek a challenging opportunity to serve the citizens of Georgia while providing critical support to the sworn officers within the department. This position will provide a challenging opportunity without compromising work/life balance and includes an excellent benefits package.
A typical workday includes, but is not limited to:
- Under supervision, perform the upfitting of various makes and models of pursuit and non-pursuit vehicles for the Georgia State Patrol, Motor Carrier Compliance, and the Georgia Capitol Police. This includes the installation of warning lights, mobile radios, in-car camera systems, license plate readers, computer docks, printers, prisoner partitions, K-9 kennels, push bumpers and vehicle graphics.
- Complete vehicle checkouts per DPS policy and guidelines.
- Diagnosis and repair of both scheduled and non-scheduled repairs.
- Complete work orders to be turned into the shop supervisor daily.
- Perform mobile radio upgrades.
- Perform in- car camera system upgrades.
- Complete equipment and property transfer forms as required by DPS policy.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, driver’s and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience OR Three years of related experience OR One year at the lower level Telecommunications Tech Spv (ITT043) or position equivalent.
- Current certification as Law Enforcement Vehicle Technician.
- One year of experience in the installation of LED warning systems.
- One year of experience in the installation of in-car camera systems.
- One year of experience in the installation of mobile radios in emergency vehicles.
Instructions to apply for this position:
Accept the Privacy Agreement
- Log-in to the system
First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
- Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email [email protected].
Application deadline: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee. Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.