Job Vacancy Announcement: Executive Admin Assistant 1 (Confidential Secretary)
Atlanta- Governor’s Mansion
Pay Grade – L Job Code – GSP141
Salary - $55,048.00
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have an opening for the Executive Administrative Assistant 1 in the Governor’s Mansion.
The available position is for an Executive Administrative Asst 1 and will report to the Director of the Executive Protection Division.
· Maintains confidential information.
· Provides program, administrative, and/or technical assistance to customers and staff.
· Resolves or facilitates the resolution of problems and difficult situations in a courteous and professional manner.
· Makes copies, scans, labels, and emails documents for files, computer folders or distribution to agency employees.
· Is attentive to details and timely and effectively responds to requests of the Director and department employees as well as the needs of the agency.
· Obtains, distributes, and prepares agency, interagency and external mail.
· Assists in the preparing of reports, gathering of information and preparation of presentations.
· Files, performs data entry, and assists in note taking, as needed.
· Reviews incoming correspondences to the Director and department employees and forwards appropriately or, may respond as directed.
· Determines office supply needs and orders office supplies in compliance with agency protocol and procedures.
· Assists in the administration and interpretation of agency policies and procedures.
· Schedules appointments, maintains calendars, and coordinates meetings.
· Provides information and assistance to internal and external customers and acts as a spokesperson for Departmental inquiries.
· Collaborates with the Director and department employees in the development of efficient delivery systems for all services within the office.
Assists Georgia Building Authority (GBA) with accounts for the Governor’s Mansion.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, communications or a related field from an accredited college or university AND Three years of office administration or senior secretarial experience, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
1. Knowledge and experience in the use of the Internet; E-mail; Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
2. Successful experience providing administrative support for a unit that included dealing with issues, situations and documents of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
3. Experience in an office setting with excellent customer service skills.
4. Experience composing and formatting correspondence and other documents.
5. Purchasing Experience, specifically E-procurement and purchasing card reconciliation, specifically knowledge of making purchases of a more complex nature.
6. Experience in the Leave Accounting System and DPS Roster.
7. Experience in the Concur Travel system; experience in travel arrangements
8. Experience in preparing meeting agenda
Application deadline: Monday, November 13, 2023
Instructions to apply for this position:
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.