Job Vacancy Announcement- Financial Ops Generalist 2/Oversize Permit Unit
Job Vacancy Announcement
Financial Operations Generalist 2- Job Code: FIT021
Pay Grade: H- Location: Atlanta
Salary Range: $36,268.09
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD).
Under the Oversize Permit Unit commercial carriers, brokers, freight forwarders, and leasing companies are required to register their companies with the Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS). DPS is seeking qualified applicants to fill a Financial Operations Generalist 2 position.
This is a fast paced, high volume work environment that offers the opportunity to interact with a wide variety of customers. This position will provide a challenging opportunity without compromising work/life balance and includes an excellent benefits package and the potential for a flexible work schedule.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, driver’s and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
- Balances and reconciles accounting records, statements, journals, ledgers or reports.
- Collects fees or revenues, disburses payments and posts to appropriate accounts.
- Compiles and maintains records and files.
- May analyze financial reports to assess compliance.
- May apply GAAP guidelines.
- May compile and prepare standard accounting reports.
- May monitor individual department budgets or expenditures and identifies budget variances.
- Performs routine accounting, clerical, billing, and/or claims processing duties for assigned accounts Responds to inquiries to solve routine accounting problems.
- Prepares requested materials for audits of financial data or records.
- Processes or records financial transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, invoices, or requisitions in a ledger or computer system.
- Provides information or interpretation to third parties such as banks, auditors, vendors, and governmental entities.
- Verifies the accuracy of information to be billed, tracks account activity, bills consumers and resolves billing inquiries.
Associate's degree in a business curriculum or related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience performing accounting and/or fiscal control functions OR High school diploma or GED AND Three years of experience performing accounting and/or fiscal control functions.
- Prior experience in accounting and auditing.
- TeamWorks / PeopleSoft experience.
Application deadline: Monday, November 21, 2022
Instructions to apply for this position:
Accept the Privacy Agreement
- Log-in to the system
First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
- Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email [email protected].
This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee. Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.