Job Vacancy Announcement- Licensed Social Worker Supervisor
Job Vacancy Announcement- Licensed Social Worker Spv
Location: Headquarters – Atlanta (Fulton County)
Job Code: HCP053
Salary Range: $60,000 to $70,000
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police Division (CPD), and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD); as well as the Office of Public Safety Support (OPSS). We are seeking experienced, self-motivated, results oriented Licensed Social Workers, or other Licensed Mental Health Professionals, with supervisory experience, to fill vacant position(s) within the Office of Public Safety Support. The OPSS was created in order to provide peer to peer support as well as professional mental health services to all of Georgia’s First Responders. Experienced clinicians who have worked extensively with individuals in crisis or individuals who have experienced traumatic events are preferred. Experience working with Public Safety Officers and/or Military Veterans is also preferred.
This is a challenging and meaningful opportunity to assist in the development of a ground-breaking program to provide critical support to Georgia Public Safety Officers in a time of need. This position is ideal for candidates who want to apply their professional expertise to make a difference in the lives of the members of the Georgia Public Safety community (peace officers, emergency service dispatchers, firefighters, emergency health workers, corrections officers, highway emergency response operators, jail officers, juvenile correction officers, or probation officers). This position reports to the Director of the Office of Public Safety Support.
The selected candidates will maintain their primary office at the DPS Headquarters complex located in Atlanta, Georgia. Travel, primarily in Georgia, will be required. A departmental vehicle, to be driven on duty, and a gas card will be provided.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, driver’s and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university AND licensure in the area of assignment AND Three years of experience in the provision of therapeutic services with,
One year of which in a supervisory role OR Master's degree from an accredited college or university AND licensure in the area of assignment AND Three years of experience at
the lower-level Social Worker, Licensed 3 (HCP052) or position equivalent.
- General knowledge of public safety
- Has worked in/with any area of public safety
- Trained in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trained in Cognitive Therapy or Schema Focused Therapy
Key responsibilities Licensed Social Worker Spv :
- Provides the 120,000 members of the Georgia Public Safety Community requested/offered peer support and mental health services.
- Provides clinical supervision to other OPSS mental health professionals
- Counsels’ clients in individual and group sessions.
- Participates in Post Critical Incident Seminars.
- Assists in course development, training, and presentations.
- Participates in peer-led interventions, such as critical incident stress debriefings, defusing’s, and crisis management briefings.
- Makes referrals to other mental health professionals, medical professionals, or trained peers.
- Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
- Performs clinical assessments of the behavioral health needs of clients presenting for services.
- Provides case management services related to identified treatment needs.
- Conducts biopsychosocial assessments/evaluations to develop comprehensive case/service plans.
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High integrity and honesty.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion.
- Positive attitude and high levels of personal commitment.
- Ability to perform responsibilities in stressful situations.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Instructions to apply for this position:
1. Click on https://careers.georgia.gov/jobs/search/6293495
2. Accept the Privacy Agreement
3. Log-in to the system
First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
4. Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
5. If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email [email protected].
This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee. Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.