Job Vacancy Announcement: Paralegal 3
Location: Georgia Department of Public Safety Headquarters – Atlanta (Fulton County)
Job Code – LET032
Pay Grade –I
Salary Range - $29,973.63 - $42,819.47 - $52,453.85
Application deadline: Open until filled
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Paralegal 3 in the Legal Services Office.
The Legal Services Office provides assistance to the Commissioner and to the employees of the Department concerning matters associated with the daily operations of the Department and serves as the primary liaison with the Office of the Attorney General. This position reports to the agency’s Director of Legal Services.
This position is perfect for candidates who seek a challenging opportunity to work on a wide variety of issues that impact public safety.
1. Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
2. Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas.
3. Calls or contacts witnesses, attorneys, and other legal parties.
4. Compiles and prepares legal documents.
5. Coordinates office activity
6. Coordinates and drafts response to interrogatories and other legal requests.
7. Delivers legal pleadings.
8. Gathers and analyzes data, statutes, decisions, legal articles, and documents.
9. Investigates facts of cases and to prepares case files.
10. May manage databases and/or special projects.
11. Provides instruction and assistance in conducting legal research.
12. Responds to outside inquiries as authorized.
13. Reviews legal publications and performs data base searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases or issues.
14. Compiles and completes documents in assigned areas.
15. Provides administrative assistance as required.
Required Personal Characteristics:
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
2. Ability to function in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects
3. Ability to effectively plan and prioritize multiple assignments to meet established deadlines.
4. High integrity and honesty.
5. Strong commitment to providing superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
6. Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion.
7. Positive attitude and high-levels of personal commitment.
Associate's degree in paralegal studies from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience as a legal assistant in a legal environment (OR)
Certificate from a paralegal training program AND Two years of experience as a legal assistant in a legal environment (OR)
Four years of experience as a legal assistant in a legal environment.
1. Two or more years of experience in a legal setting in state government.
Application deadline: Open until filled
Instructions for current state employees to apply for this position:
Accept the Privacy Agreement
2. Log-in to the system
First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
3. Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
4. If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.