Important Updates Regarding COVID-19/Executive Order
The statewide executive order for empowering a healthy Georgia will extend through April 30. This order affects all Georgia residents and visitors. Review the following: COVID-19 Updates
Job Vacancy Announcement- Purchasing Asst 2- Supply
Job Vacancy Announcement: Purchasing Asst 2- Supply
Location: Department of Public Safety- Headquarters- Atlanta (Fulton County)
Pay Grade – F Job Code –FET041
Advertised Salary: $22,519.63
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Purchasing Asst 2 in the Supply Unit of the Administrative Services Division.
The Supply Unit is responsible for shipping, receiving and maintaining law enforcement equipment and supplies, including uniform clothing, weapons and accessories. Office and janitorial supplies are also stocked. Supply fills all requisitions and ships to specified locations. They also administer a yearly count of all items to affirm an accurate inventory, which is maintained by the Supply Inventory Unit.
This position is perfect for candidates who seek a challenging opportunity to serve the citizens of Georgia while providing critical support to the department as a whole. This position will provide a challenging opportunity without compromising work/life balance, and includes an excellent benefits package.
A typical workday includes, but is not limited to:
- Receiving, storing and issuing materials, equipment and other items.
- Placing materials in proper storage areas using correct equipment, including manual lifting of boxes and other items.
- Interacting and providing positive customer service to members of the Department.
- Operating state vehicles to pick up and/or deliver materials or equipment.
- Performing housekeeping duties to include sweeping and cleaning of warehouse area.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university OR Two years of experience in materials management OR One year of experience at the lower level Purchasing Asst 1 (FET040) or position equivalent.
1. Ability to operate a van or medium sized box truck.
2. Experience and knowledge of inventory control methods.
3. Ability to operate equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
Application deadline: Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Instructions to apply for this position:
- Accept the Privacy Agreement
- Log-in to the system
4. First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
- Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.