Job Vacancy Announcement: Purchasing/Procurement Agent 1
Location: Department of Public Safety - Headquarters – Atlanta, GA/Purchasing Unit
Pay Grade: I
Job Code: FIP024
Salary Range: $43,000-$50,000
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Purchasing/Procurement Agent 1 in the Purchasing Unit of the Department of Public Safety.
The Purchasing Unit is responsible for the purchasing of all goods, supplies and services for the Department of Public Safety. The Purchasing/Procurement Agent 1 will participate in on-going category and vendor performance management. They will typically be responsible for the purchasing activities for the agency.
The critical responsibilities of the Purchasing/Procurement Agent 1 include the following:
- Purchase supplies, equipment, or services necessary for the operation of an agency, division or office. Creates purchase orders from requisitions entered by other employees. Obtains appropriate documentation to support the purchase order. Reviews purchase order to make sure requestor chose correct chart fields.
- Develops or assist in the development of documents such as Request for Quotes (RFQs).
- Participates in the vendor response evaluation process. Develops financial and technical evaluation documents. Conducts analysis of vendor responses. May support the strategic sourcing teams in more complex solicitations, using RFQ tools, state systems, and other electronic tools.
- Utilizes tools to track and document spend and savings information in accordance with standard format. Generates reports as needed.
- Provides training and communicates policies and information pertinent to purchasing procedures as appropriate to other employees.
- Understands the fundamentals of developing and capturing best practices and lessons learned. Documents and applies best practices and lessons learned in accordance with established formats.
- Develops and applies professional knowledge of the procurement field to include the Georgia Procurement Manual (GPM) and related rules and regulations. Develops an awareness and understanding of legal implications and possible complications. Attends appropriate training.
- Responsible for all DPS copier renewals contracts and creation of new copier POs for new Fiscal year.
This position provides for a healthy work/home life balance with working hours Monday thru Friday and the possibility of flexible hours.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, drivers, and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Associate degree in business administration, public administration or a directly related field from an accredited college or university OR Two years of experience in a purchasing environment providing support in collecting bids, completing procurement documents and related functions. Note: Some positions may require certification. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
- Two years of experience in a State of Georgia purchasing office/environment that utilizes TGM/PeopleSoft.
- Possesses certifications in GCPA, GCPCA, and GCPM.
- Experience with PCard.
Application deadline: Monday, November 13, 2023
Instructions to apply for this position:
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.