Job Vacancy Announcement: Security Officer 1
Location: Atlanta (Fulton County)- Capitol Police Division
Pay Grade- LD
Job Code- PST050
Salary – 37,647.00
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for Security Officers with the Capitol Police Division.
The Capitol Police Division (CPD) consists of sworn law enforcement officers and Security Officers who have the primary responsibility of building security in the Capitol Hill area. Safety Officers perform a wide range of assigned duties to maintain security which include monitoring premises, buildings and facilities.
Critical Responsibilities :
- Answers alarms and investigates disturbances.
- Inspects assigned area for potential hazards.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance/departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security of premises.
- Patrols premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities.
High school diploma or GED.
Previous working experience in a safety monitoring environment or in a related field.
Application deadline: Friday, December 22, 2023
Instructions to apply for this position:
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.