Important Updates Regarding COVID-19/Executive Order
The statewide executive order for empowering a healthy Georgia will extend through November 15. This order affects all Georgia residents and visitors. Review the following: COVID-19 Updates
Job Vacancy Announcement- Security Officer 1 - Capitol Police Division
Job Vacancy Announcement: Security Officer 1- Two positions
Location: Atlanta (Fulton County)- Capitol Police Division
Pay Grade- LD
Job Code- PST050
Salary – 24,752.00
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for Security Officers with the Capitol Police Division.
The Capitol Police Division (CPD) consists of sworn law enforcement officers and Security Officers who have the primary responsibility of building security in the Capitol Hill area. Safety Officers perform a wide-range of assigned duties to maintain security which include monitoring premises, buildings and facilities.
Critical Responsibilities :
- Answers alarms and investigates disturbances.
- Inspects assigned area for potential hazards.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance/departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security of premises.
- Patrols premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities.
High school diploma or GED.
Previous working experience in a safety monitoring environment or in a related field.
Application deadline: Friday, October 23, 2020
Instructions to apply for this position:
2. Accept the Privacy Agreement
3. Log-in to the system
First time logging in? :
Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
4. Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
5. If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.