IMPORTANT PUBLIC UPDATE REGARDING OPEN RECORDS, August 23, 2019.
The DPS network servers remain off-line due to the recent ransomware attack. Please be aware of the following regarding current record availability:
For a Georgia State Patrol Crash Report, Incident Report, or Citation of any incident that occurred on or after July 26, 2019:
- DPS is generally able to utilize non-server based methods to document the incident and transmit a report.
- Please allow at least seven (7) days from the occurrence for our record(s) to become final.
- Please submit your request in person, by fax, or by mail to the Georgia State Patrol Post that is dedicated to the region where the incident took place.To reduce unnecessary duplications, please do not submit more than one request or by more than one method.
- Please allow us at least three (3) days from our receipt of your request to locate, access and submit any final documents to you by return fax or mail.
For ALL other DPS materials, records, videos and photographs, including reports pertaining to incidents that occurred prior to July 26, 2019:
- DPS is currently not able to determine the existence of any responsive materials.
- DPS is currently not able to provide you with a time or cost estimate for retrieval.