Charging Fees for Open Records Requests
Charging for Requests [O.C.G.A. § 50-18-72 (c)(1)]
- If the fee incurred for copying records is less than $25, the records will be provided at no charge
- If the fee incurred for copying records is greater than $25, upon receipt of verbal or written consent to pay said fee,
- records will be mailed with a copy of the original invoice.
- If the fee incurred for copying records is greater than $500, prepayment will be required prior to records being gathered
- and mailed.
- A reasonable charge may also be imposed for the staff time involved in search, retrieval, redaction and
- production or copying.
Following is a summary of DPS record fees:
$0.10 Per Page (letter or legal size document)
$0.75 Per 60 minute Videotape
$0.90 Per 90 minute Videotape
$1.39 Per 120 minute Videotape
$0.50 Per 60 minute Audio Cassette
$0.67 Per 90 minute Audio Cassette
$0.22 Per CD
$0.30 Per DVD
$0.06 Per Photograph (4x6)
$0.22 Per Photograph (8x10)
If you have questions, contact the DPS Open Records Unit at 404-624-7591.