Job Vacancy Announcement: Administrative Assistant 3
Location: Fulton County- Atlanta – Property Section
Pay Grade – H Job Code: GST052
Salary minimum: $41,320.00
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Administrative Assistant 3 in the Property Section of the Administrative Services Division.
This position is perfect for candidates who seek a challenging opportunity to serve the citizens of Georgia while providing critical administrative support to officers and other department personnel. Under the supervision of the Unit Supervisor, the Administrative Assistant 3 performs a wide range of administrative and office support activities to help ensure that the unit is running smoothly and efficiently.
The Property section is responsible for maintaining DPS’s inventory using the Asset Management section of PeopleSoft. For updating issued assets for the Georgia State Patrol Posts and Motor Carrier Compliance Division’s Weight Stations, as well individual Trooper and Officer inventory Records. For monthly reconciliation of assets that were added, retired, etc. for the current and previous months. For surplusing State assets that are longer in service for DPS by Sale via Auctions, transferring from State-to-State Departments, and authorized disposing from the Georgia Department of Administrative Services (DOAS).
A typical workday includes, but is not limited to:
- Analyzing problems, questions, issues, and develops/reports recommendations for resolving them.
- Conducting research to compile information needed to generate reports, complete projects, and accurately respond to questions and concerns.
- Organizing and coordinating daily activities and efficient function of the office or agency. Assisting the manager in organizing and executing routine activities and special projects.
- Providing program, administrative, and/or technical assistance to customers and staff. Researching and/or resolving program or client issues or questions. May represent the manager in various matters.
- Interacting with all levels of state government in a way that promotes respect, encourages cooperation, and contributes to excellent performance.
- Filing and maintaining confidential information.
- Opening, reading, and distributing mail and proofreading all memos/correspondence that leave the office.
- Maintaining a calendar of events and meetings.
Selected applicant must pass a pre-employment background investigation. This includes a review of criminal, drivers, and credit history. No polygraph examination is required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR Four years of related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of the Internet; E-mail; Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- 3-5 years of experience providing administrative support for a unit that included dealing with issues, situations and documents of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Experience composing and formatting correspondence and other documents.
Application deadline: Monday, October 2, 2023
Instructions to apply for this position:
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.