Location: Department of Public Safety - Headquarters – Atlanta, GA/Purchasing Unit
Pay Grade: K
Job Code: FEP022
Salary Minimum: $36,268.09-$63,469.15
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Purchasing/Procurement Agent 3 in the Purchasing Unit of the Department of Public Safety.
The Purchasing Unit is responsible for the purchasing of all goods, supplies and services for the Department of Public Safety. The Purchasing/Procurement Agent 3 will participate in on-going category and vendor performance management. They will typically be responsible for the purchasing activities for the agency.
The critical responsibilities of the Purchasing/Procurement Agent 3 include the following:
1. Purchase supplies, equipment or services necessary for the operation of an agency, region, district or state.
2. Develops or assist in the development of documents such as Request for Quotes (RFQs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
3. Participates in the vendor response evaluation process. Develops financial and technical evaluation documents. Conducts analysis of vendor responses. May support the strategic sourcing teams in more complex solicitations.
4. Conducts spend analysis. Identifies and collects financial data from appropriate sources (such as, PeopleSoft, general ledgers, etc.) Cleanses data for spend analysis by looking for duplication's in data, determining consistency in terminology, and identifying any other relevant factors. Generates spend analysis reports.
5. Participates in procurement application projects. Adopts and utilizes new procurement application software, programs, and methodologies to support the strategic sourcing process including eRFP tools, State systems, and other electronic tools. Participates in pilot projects.
6. Utilizes tools to track and document spend and savings information in accordance with standard format.
7. Provides training and communicates policies and information pertinent to purchasing as appropriate.
8. Participates in on-going knowledge management activities. Understands the fundamentals of developing and capturing best practices and lessons learned. Documents best practices and lessons learned in accordance with established formats. Applies and adopts best practices and lessons learned.
9. Develops and applies professional knowledge of the procurement field to include the Georgia Procurement Manual (GPM) and related rules and regulations. Develops an awareness and understanding of legal implications and possible complications. Attends appropriate training.
This position provides for a healthy work/home life balance with working hours on Monday thru Friday and the possibility of flexible hours.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration or a directly related field from an accredited college
or university AND Two years of experience in a purchasing environment OR Six years of experience in a purchasing
environment OR Two years of experience at the lower level Purchase/Procurement Agent 2 (FEP021) or position
equivalent. Note: Some positions may require certification. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific
experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the
level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Two years of experience in a State of Georgia purchasing office/environment that utilizes TGM/Peoplesoft.
Possesses certifications from DOAS in GCPA, GCPCA and GCPM.
Experience posting to the Georgia Procurement Registry.
Application deadline: Ongoing
Instructions to apply for this position:
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.